Decades ago, the Plain Truth magazine – under its founder, the late Herbert W. Armstrong declared that two events would dominate the prophetic horizon:
- The resurrection of Germany at the helm of a Eoropean superstate that would revive the Holy Roman Empire for one final rule over world affairs.
- A great social upheaval, triggered by the collapse of the global financial and economic system.
Mr. Armstrong prophecied that this socio-economic upheaval would cause a strong and forceful leader to again arise in Germany to lead European nations to suddenly unite as a powerful world empire larger than the Soviet Union or the United States. That, in turn, he said could suddenly ignite nuclear World War III and lead directly to the coming of Jesus Christ.
Now, if we have a common sense look clearly around us, we can easily see that this scenario has already significantly advanced toward fulfillment. In in doubt, have a look at these specific prophecies of Mr. Armstrong which have already come to pass:
- 1945 – he forecast Germany’s rise from ashes to become the economic and political powerhouse of Europe. This is now an undisputed fact.
- 1954 – Russia would give East Germany back to the Germans and relinquish Eastern European countries.
- 1960 – he foretold the fall of the Berlin Wall.
- 1967 – he said Europe would adopt a common currency.
- 1972 – he prophecied the integration of Yugoslav states into a united Europe.
The reason Mr. Armstrong was right in these events was because he based his view of current events on inerrant Bible prophecy. And events prohecied for the next few years will violently affect Britain, the United States, Western Europe and the Middle East.