Editors Comment: Put this one under humour. I thought this list, combined at Free Republic was not only funny, but sadly true in many cases. All of these signs have something in common; in that they are prevalent thoughts in the minds of many today. It’s a wild twist from how we used to think and a sign of the times prophecied by God, who said in Isaiah that we would be led by women and children (in thought and attitude). The author did a good job of satirizing our modern, political situation.
10 Signs You Might be A Liberal/Leftist
1. You saw what happened on September 11th, and think America caused it. Convieninently, you forget how many have died at the hands of terrorists outside this country, with no ties what so ever to America, and that some people are just evil.
2. You think its unfair that America has such a great military, that like Madeline Albright has said, needs be turned over to a UN – comprised of countries, many of which are run by tyrants – to enforce America’s safety from terror; and just like Albright, you think we are keeping Ossama in some hole as an “October Surprise.”
3. You once thought “fighting” terror was OK, especially if it meant lobbing a missle or two. But you also saw no irony in the missle attack coming on the eve of the history-making impeachment of America’s most corrupt president since Warren Harding.
4. You think the fact Saddam Hussein’s uncle being hand-picked by the Nazi’s to form the Baath Socialist Party doesn’t necessarilly mean he or his heir Saddam were Nazis. Besides, what’s wrong with socialists?
5. You believe non-inspections are cause for the enforcement of even more non-inspections, provided proper warning is given in advance that such inspections are about to occur.
6. You think Salman Pak is a food wrap, or the name of a once-famous Iranian dissident.
7. You believe Libya’s decision to halt its membership in the world of terror was due to the integrity and hard work of a past President whose most memorable line in history will be, “I did not have sex with that woman…..”
8. Your’e a bit sad that Hillary has taken a side in support of our troops, but remain assured in knowing it is only as a means of taking power from the evil Bush.
9. Chances are the closest you or a close family member come to past or present military status is having once watched Mash on TV. But you do think Jimmy Carter is one of the great military and diplomatic strategists of the 20th century.
10. You hated Nixon as a scowling and mean-spirited politician, but think Howard Dean is just keen. Afterall, with this hatred of Bush, its war.